Sunday, November 17, 2013

London Quiz

Regular readers will recognize from the pictures below that I was in London.
Can you tell where?

I will give you clues.
 Artistic graffiti.  You've seen that before.
I particularly liked Zorro Carrot.
 Bands on the street.  This one had a particularly Eastern European flavour.
 Bohemian hipsters strolling the streets.
 Aha... a market.  It's not a flower market, so you know it is not Columbia Market.
It's not a food market.  That rules out the Borough Market.
 More bohemian musicians.  Russian hat.  Accordian and violin.  Again, the Eastern Euro slant.
 I love the architecture of this building.  Note there isn't a store front sign in the front.  It seems residential, but the small sandwich sign simply says that collared shirts are required.  It's only until you see the neon sign on the side of the building that say "Striptease" do you get a sense of the purpose.
 Tight passage ways with indie retail stores and trendy pubs.
 Any ideas yet?
 I ended my day in London at this pub watching England lose to the All Blacks in rugby.
Any guesses? 

OK, I'll tell you.
I started the day at the Broadway Market in Hackney.  Afterwards I strolled over to Spitalfield.
I love east London.  I probably have said that before.  It has vintage shops, crazy art on the sides of buildings, plenty of opportunities to find taxidermied foxes and bugs, and street food that is worth the journey.  Jen wants to live in Edinburgh, which is an excellent choice.  But east London, in my opinion, is a worthy second option.

No comments: