Saturday, November 9, 2013

Let the Holiday Season Begin!!!

Last Saturday Bill wanted to check out one of the upscale cigar shops on Jermyn Street.  It was filled with gentlemanly doo dads, humidors, umbrellas, and smoking accessories.  There were two seats in the middle where a couple of men were smoking which just seems awkward to me.  I've noticed that cigar shops often have a place where you can smoke but it never looks very relaxing to be plopped in the middle of a bustling shop.  The man in the lower left corner had a familiar accent - talking about BC football. 
We didn't go in this shop but I liked the title - Hosiers and Glovers.    I don't recall Hosier or Glover being an option on that career aptitude test I took in high school.  Just imagine how different my mice might have been had those been on offer.
The next four shots are all at Fortnum and Mason.  I was excited to see all the Christmas decorations up and the shoppers out in full force.  

The first floor is devoted to tea and biscuits and other little tea type nibbles - all of it wrapped in F and M robins egg blue.  
is this supposed to be Marie Antoinette?  Did she want them to have tea with their cake?
We saw on line that today is the light switch on for Regents Street - so more Christmas pics to look forward to.  You know how I love a good switch on.


No comments: