Friday, October 11, 2013

York with Jana Day 1

I went back to the archives.  This is my last trip to York on our honeymoon 13 years ago.  This is me on The Shambles.
Back on the Shambles with Jana. 
The Shambles has looked like this since the 14th century so I guess it's going to look the same every time I come back.  Although I noticed that 13 years ago stores were advertising Kodak film.  
 The Shambles is a friendly street. A group of folks from Manchester asked us to take their photo and then offered to reciprocate.  I said only if they'd be in it too!
Jana claims she is not a shopper which sounds like a challenge to me.  Here she is tasting a tea sample  - I admit this didn't lead up to a sale but she was warming up.
 A yarn store.  Jana is a knitter so I thought we'd start spending but not yet.
 So I brought out the big guns - White Stuff, my favorite casual clothing store here.  Success!!!
I'm going to book end this post with past visits...this is the hotel that Whitney, her father and I stayed in when we came to York in 1980.  I know because I stole a hanger with Dean Court Hotel on it and it's still in my closet (my favorite hanger - if my closet catches fire that is the one I would save.)  The hotel is directly across the street from York Minster.  We clearly didn't know how good we had it on that trip!!

No comments: