Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunday in Hampstead

Bill and I headed up to Hampstead on Sunday.  This is a idyllic neighborhood in the north of London.  When you hear about a celebrity living in London, chances are, they live in Hampstead.  Did we see any?  Unfortunately, not.  But I did fall in love with the narrow streets, the cafes and the famous Heath.
 First stop was breakfast - I chose a place that was prone to celebrity sightings but we were definitely the only celebs there.  We tucked into a corner with the Times and our tea to avoid the paparazzi.
 Flask street was full of little shops - one of which just kept putting out boxes and boxes of junk to pick through.  Bill found these beauties.


 Then we headed to the Heath.
 Bill keeps saying we should move into the city for year #2 (which we are already well in to at this point) but I am concerned that I won't have a good place for my daily walks.  Problem solved if we move to Hampstead.  Could I trade the castle for these views?  It's tempting....
You've got the BT tower on the right and the shard on the left - and cranes every where!
 Back to the High Street.  Things got busy while we were in the park.  Bill went for a haircut while I went to check out Church Row and the old graveyard.  Let the celebrities know that we will be back!

No comments: