Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I should have my own Saturday morning show!

I have had people tell me that I'm cartoonish (that's a compliment, right?) but now I really am!!
Bill has discovered fiverr.com - a website where people will do anything for $5.  Most of the people just offer to endorse products by writing a song or poem or wearing an outfit or anything they can think of that will attract attention.  I find this depressing. $5 isn't that much to whore yourself out but I guess if you do enough of them, you can make enough to go to a movie and get a bucket of popcorn?  

Anyway, there are also people offering to do things like create the Bret and Joey icons we posted last week or turn a picture of me into a cartoon.  Remember when Saturday morning was Must See TV? Saturday morning cartoon watching was serious business.  They even did a preview show in the evening every fall to show kids what new shows were coming and I used to get SO excited for the ones that looked good.  Would I have gotten excited about the Jen and Dibley show?  
I think kids today all have sports or other events lined up for Saturday morning so they go out and actually live lives rather than sit in front of the TV from 7am to noon each week.  Those poor kids - they do not know what they are missing.

1 comment:

chi said...

Love this! Great pic!

and here is to memories of HR Puff N Stuff (who's your friend when things get rough?), Jimmy and Witchy Poo!