Friday, October 4, 2013

Random Shots of Hay

I told my mother that we were having a slow week and to expect very little on the blog (see Tuesday's picture of me in a bear hat....'nuff said).  She requested more sheep.
 These are some "leftover" shots of our time in Hay on Wye.  It was such a pretty little village that there were a lot of photo ops as I strolled around town.  Wouldn't you like to come home to #10 every night?
 I was VERY disappointed that this shop wasn't open while we were there.  Although it's probably for the best because I don't know how we would have fit old Bessie in the mini with Bill's clubs.  Unfortunately there is a refection from the shop window but I loved the crown of flowers and the "Mad Old Cow" tag dangling from her ear.  
 I noticed this little table out on the street in front of someone's house.  These are all home made jams and chutneys.  The little bowl is for your payment - take a jar, leave your money.  Love it.  I didn't have any money with me so I didn't get to take anything home with me but just seeing it made me happy. (I also liked the table cloth.  I wonder how much I would have to leave for that?)
 The UK is covered with picturesque country roads  - here is another one.  I'm sure it won't be the last.



6 comments:

Mom said...

Nice sheep.

didi said...

Beautiful shot of the road

Fletch said...

Worst blog post in weeks. How about a Joey/Bret update? The 3 of us that read this blog (me, DiDi, mom) count on you to supply us with interesting and thought provoking content. This would not be it.

Jen and Bill said...

Hey, mom at least liked the sheep! I think the public REALLY wants a Fletch update! Any time you want to show us how it's done, let us know.

Unknown said...

Love this country road!! And, I was looking for random shots of hay (as in bales)....

Fletch said...

@ Bill. I live a boring suburban life of driving my kids to hockey practice and yelling at people who sell software. I live for my daily Bill and Jen update as my only escape from my otherwise uninteresting life. It wasn't so much a criticism as a plea for relief. A blog post like this one was like offering a thirsty man a cup but not adding any water. So exciting, yet so disappointing....