Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Goodbye Tour Continues...


 Why does it take threats to move out of the country to get people together?  First stop on Saturday's Goodbye Tour agenda was tea with Patrick on Newbury Street.  We had finger sandwiches and scones and Patrick even surprised me with a bouquet of flowers.

Next stop, cocktails at a hip and trendy hotel bar while we waited for Shelly and Tres to join us.  Many drinks later we headed out for some very decadent snacks (Disco Fries are fries covered in bacon and melted gouda and brie.  Basically a heart attack on a platter.)  We tried to keep the work talk to a minimum but since Shelly, Patrick and I have all worked together for 13 years (!!) it was hard not to throw in some office gossip and reminiscing.  (An old favorite - the time I yelled at a lame duck employee who was causing havoc in the office on his last day: "I'm going to get my haircut and you'd better be gone by the time I get back!!!"  He was.  It's a shame I'm not still putting those stellar people management skills to use.)



No comments: