Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bill's down under

I can read the blog again!  The Chinese block things like Facebook, Twitter and Jen and Bill's Blog!  Now that I'm in Australia I can catch up on my own life and read what's going on.
So let's get to it.
 Look at how steep the Great Wall of China is. 
The Chinese love their Mao.

 This is C.C.  She was my guide for the day.
 Look at how crowded the Wall is.  This reminded me of the scene in Animal House when the band is led away from the parade and into an alley where they walk right into a brick wall.  This dead end on the Great Wall took a sharp reverse turn but it look like it just ends.
I was embarrassed that I was so tired walking the wall when 80 year women were taking it on.  This part is so steep that she needed to ease down a bit at a time.
I saw these street singers in Beijing.  They reminded me of the Chinese version of the Buena Vista Social Club.

1 comment:

didi said...

wow, how cool bill. have you been painting on your trip at all?