Monday, July 30, 2012

Ahhhh....Ikea!

We finally made it to Ikea on Sunday and spent hours picking out cheap housewares.  Hopefully this is the end of our utilitarian shopping since I feel like between my aches and pains and our desperate need for the basic tools of living we haven't had much time to explore and enjoy England.

Of course, this is what real life is in England - its drying your clothes on a rack after a 2 hour wash cycle in a tiny little machine.  
 It's also realizing after buying much needed bed tables that we don't own the tools to put them together.  I'm most excited for these because I can't reach my book on the floor next to my bed without a lot of stretching and moaning.
 Supposedly England is also rainy but other than one 10 minute downpour yesterday it's been sunny skies.  Where is our garden gravel?  I'm hoping that Martin comes this week and the next shot I post of the garden does not include black plastic.

3 comments:

chi said...

and where is your tiny little washer located? I was shocked when it was in the bathroom in my first flat - and in my kitchen in my second!

didi said...

That is a lot of plaid!

Jennifer said...

The little washer is in the kitchen cleverly disguised as a cabinet. I shouldn't complain since it beats going to a laudromat.

You know we love our plaid, Di! :-)