Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We're ready for our close up

In honor of the Oscar nominations coming out today, Petey and I decided to dust off our tiaras and start writing our acceptance speeches. Bill is at Joey's basketball game so I had to take my own photo....that means lots of bloopers.

And the Oscar goes to....Petey and Jen for their performance in "The Jen and Bill Experience".


This will be the second year that the race for best picture includes 10 films. I don't see this as any kind of improvement. In fact, it really makes some of the other races moot - for instance, Toy Story 3 is nominated for best picture and for best animated picture. If its the only animated film nominated for best picture, doesn't that imply that it is the best animated picture? Ditto best foreign film. It's nonsensical.

Of course I'm really looking forward to the Oscars because that is when Laura and Jim come home. We are rolling out the red carpet for you!

Oscar Quiz:
If Jeff Bridges wins this year for True Grit, he will be the third actor to win two years in a row. Who were the other two?

Randy Newman seems to be nominated every year for best song. How many nominations has he really had? How many wins?

2 comments:

didi said...

Oh my god, you are totally right, Jen -- if Toy Story is the only animated film nominated for best picture, doesn't that imply that it is the best animated picture?!?! I am going to quote you tomorrow at work -- or maybe just use it as my own random thought. Hope Joey's team won tonight!

Anonymous said...

Spencer Tracy and Tom Hanks ... but I cheated.