Sunday, January 23, 2011

Renaissance Man

There are many sides to Bill - one moment he is a super HR generalist, firing people with such skill that they thank him for the opportunity to be canned by a master, the next he is playing with his grandchildren pretending his finger is an electric knife. Today he showed us two more sides to his many faceted personality: The Handy Man and the GQ Man of Style.



I can't even look at this picture without hearing the guitar riffs of ZZ Top - "Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man...."

Unfortunately he had to get slicked up for a wake for the father of one of his childhood friends. I've left instructions with Bill for no sad funeral home events after I die. Hand out my organs, dose me with lighter fluid, and toss on a match. We read in the Globe Magazine today that Andre Dubus III built his own father's casket. Bill is going to store my ashes in a teapot and knit me a cozy (again - he is so versatile!)

PS if I'm dead, don't drink the tea at Bill's house

3 comments:

didi said...

Now we just need a bathing suit shot of Bill and we'll have the full range of photos.

amp said...

I know it's wrong but when I read the bit about made the casket, I just burst out laughing. CRAZY! Puts his whole NYT treehouse essay in a new light.

Jen and Bill said...

I don't know why anyone can't bury their loved ones.... why do we need a mortician to do it?
I can see a Walmart product that for $19.98 instantly hardens a corpse.
Or a DIY cremation kit.