Monday, January 10, 2011

Fighting for my Sink Series

Whenever I have to take the daily photo and there really isn't an event to capture I resort to an old standby - The Sink Series. Jen used to give me a hard time about taking pictures of the sink, but now I think she likes the irreverence of it, the randomness.


Speaking of sinks, I want to talk about the movie "The Fighter".
I work with the daughter of Dickie Eklund. Dickie Eklund is the Lowell fighter - turned drug addict that Christian Bale plays in the movie. He's the step brother of Micky Ward, the local fighter who won the title in 2000. Ward is played by Mark Walberg in the movie. Eklund is famous for being the first to knock down Sugar Ray Leonard. His daughter, Kerry, said it was hard to relive her father's crack addiction and prison history. But, she said, hanging in Hollywood with Bale and Walberg at the premiere of the movie was cool.
She said her father was pretty oblivious to the stars and was creeped out about Tony Danza hanging around him too much. (Tony Danza only plays roles in which his character is named "Tony". What range.)

No comments: