Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Baby's a Man

At 19 Abner Doubleday invented the rules for baseball.
Gore Vidal wrote his first book.
Get going Joey.


For Joey's 18th birthday we brought him to Agave. We sat at the bar and got him drunk.
(I'm just kidding. That would really bum me out, to find out Joey drinks. Not so much because he's under age and having some beer, but because I would TOTALLY be caught by surprise. He's never given us any signs that he's been experimenting with alcohol.)

After Agave we saw Bret at his job delivering pizza's for The Upper Crust. I love this picture. I get a little emotional thinking about my boys and Jen... all feigning happiness in celebration of Joey turning voting age.
Really though, I've been trying to recognize little moments in life when things are really good. Making sure I pay attention to them in the moment. This was one of them.

"I had to hand it to the kid. He could be enthusiastic about a truly crap present." Name the movie this quote is from.

2 comments:

didi said...

You've raised two really great kids, Bill. You should be very proud of them both.

didi said...

I'm hoping Jen doesn't title tonight's post, "My Man is a Baby"