Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mother ....


This scary baby-in-glass is on display at the hotel in Paris I stayed at.  I do enjoy when someone makes the effort to entertain me in an odd way.  
I may not have chosen to decorate my home with drawer pulls made of spoons (I'm talking to you, Andy Entwistle!), but good on you for daring to try something different.
When Jen and I stayed at the Gunton Arms one of my favorite things was its quirky art.  I found the wall model of the female reproductive system disturbing, but I love the sick mind that went into it.
This reminds me of the time we visited a friend who wanted us to help pick out paint colors.  We got to select from four versions of the same off white.  The poor thing was paralyzed with the decision.  
I just watched Mr Deeds goes to town.  Gary Cooper plays a guy who inherits millions.  At the heart of the story is how this odd ball handles his sudden riches. (This was my first Gary Cooper movie.  He's excellent.  I must watch more Gary Cooper.)

Which brings me to my main point.  I love my mother in law.
Her strangeness is her greatest attribute.  Her house is filled with rat-centric oddities.  Her humor is a dry and sarcastic.  If I were to change something about her I would tell her to ramp up the aberrant behavior.  Really embrace it.
Wear a rat onesie outside the house.
Start a book club with drag queens.
Train a flock of attack crows to scare the neighborhood kids.

 Cheers, Mother Entwistle






1 comment:

Mom said...

I love my son-in-law. We are kindred spirits. His mind is filled with weird-centric oddities. And he married Jen -- QED.