Sunday, April 21, 2013

Albany!

 A fun night with the family in Albany with Noelle as my side kick. I talked her into make the trip by promising Thelma and Louise style action and adventure (without the murder, kiss, and double suicide etc.  Ok, there really wasn't much T&L involved - We stopped for a very civilized lunch and shopping in the Berkshires.)

First dinner out at a Belgian style pub serving up lots of beers on tap and moules-frites.  Heather is always picking the restaurants.  She is the only one I trust to get us to a cool location rather than an all you can eat Chinese/American buffet.    Check out Lil's 'Bill-influenced' hat!


Then we got started on planking.  Noelle planked with Elaine the stuffed rat.


Lil planked with her hat and a native figure my mother has had forever.

 Then we got a flute concert....I never thought of Katy Perry's Firework as a song for flute before. 
Meanwhile I did a sideways plank.  Is there a name for planking sideways?  Must google it.

















All of that probably sounds like more excitement than any family should really have in one night.  And yet, the night had just begun!!!  Lil showed us her talent from a recent talent show - a cup slapping song that Noelle and I instantly insisted on learning and spent 2 hours clapping, slapping cups and singing.  I tried to upload the video but it gave me an error so you just get this still and have to imagine the action.  All I can say is hilarity ensued.









2 comments:

didi said...

You need to see the movie Pitch Perfect. I thought I would hate it and it is very funny -- and that clapping/cup song is in it too.

Mom said...

This is Gina -- the planking competition is now on!