Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Frock Me

Sunday we went to a vintage clothing event in Chelsea called Frock Me.  The web site claimed that celebrities shop at this monthly market but we either didn't see one or didn't recognize them in the crowd.  
The market was held in the Chelsea town hall - a beautiful building with marble pillars, detailed woodwork, gilded molding, and painted murals.

As I'm sure you can all believe, Bill is great at these events.  Me?  Not so much. I struggle to find the treasure in the trash.  Within SECONDS of walking in the door, Bill spotted a pair of two toned shoes, tried them on and bought them.  An hour and a half later I was still empty handed so we went to lunch. Round two - we gave ourselves 20 minutes with the challenge that we each had to buy something for me!  (yes, I know how this sounds...have you not realized by now that it's all about me?)  I bought a cheap little necklace with fake jade elephants out of desperation (below) but Bill worked his magic to find me this fabulous jacket!  I was happy to harness his shopping prowess for 20 minutes - imagine if I'd given him an hour!
PS - - Flew home yesterday so I will be the US correspondent for a few weeks.  Very sad to leave Bill back in the UK but happy to be home and looking forward to seeing many of our followers!  

3 comments:

Jen and Bill said...

This post doesn't emphasize my rugged side very well, does it.
Bill

Fletch said...

When are you going to be in California? I am a loyal follower...

amp said...

Come visit us :)