Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gotta Dance!

We started the day at the iconic department store, Liberty of London.  Bill and I agreed to meet back in a spot on the ground floor in 30 minutes.  What were we thinking? I showed up 40 minutes later to say I needed more time.  We can't afford 97% of the inventory but it's fun to look at - and yet somehow we didn't take one photo.  

Lunch in Bloomsbury at The Perseverance.  You have to have perseverance to stay long enough to eat a meal since they do not seem to have any source of heat. Even the air blasting out of the air dryer in the ladies room was an arctic temperature.  Still, it was a nifty old pub with good food.




This was my first visit to the British Library but not my last.  They had a free exhibit on crime writing from A to Z with vintage editions of old favorites.  I jotted down a few classics that need to go on my TBR list.

 Pre-theater dinner at Dean Street Townhouse.  Bill ate a kidney.










The first act ended with a splash - the big Singing in the Rain number was complete with a downpour and the lead splish splashing the first few rows of the theater with his puddle jumping.  This is the scene for the 20 minute interval - lots of mopping. And the scene of me tap dancing my way back to the hotel.

1 comment:

amp said...

Good lord, what an impressive, jam-packed day. Seems like more than we did in a week in London.