Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas in January


It didn't make sense for us to bring Christmas presents to the states and then back again so we decided to wait and have our own UK Christmas in January.  My plan was to bring everything to the Gunton Arms for our fabulous weekend in the country but when that plan got snowed out we had an impromptu Christmas over lunch on Friday afternoon before we headed into London.  It was probably the last time that Bill would willingly let me play Charlie Brown's Christmas album until November.
Bill was very happy with his presents but the ones he gave me seemed more photo-worthy.  Like these glasses with different colored changeable lenses. (Bill is in a new hat.)  Or this little doll. Bill somehow didn't notice that IT LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM!!!  It even has mustard colored pants on. I thought he might have had it commissioned it's such a good likeness.  Some store somewhere in the UK is selling Bill dolls!!

But my absolute favorite (yes, even more than a little stuffed version of my husband) was my mounted ferret head.  Despite the fact that it confirms something I've long suspected (I'm becoming my mother) it's just so darn cute and yet bizarre!  This was definitely the "Christmas of Taxidermy"which probably is not a statement you hear every day.  

4 comments:

didi said...

I want a Bill doll!!!!

Mom said...

LOVE the ferret head !!!!

chi said...

I want a Bill doll, too!

Christine said...

I want a Bill doll, too! Hillarious