Monday, December 14, 2015

Trimming the tree

I think we are the last people in Newburyport to get a tree….there are Jewish people who had one before us.  Friday night we invited Bret and Zoe over to decorate it.  First step - the lights.  It's funny how the lights are the "man's" job.  Like grilling.  I went to pick up the pizza while Bret and Bill did the dirty work.
As soon as I got back we decided to put on A Muppet Christmas Carol.  Then we sat down with our pizza…uh oh….
Everyone looks pretty comfy, don't they?
It's actually a Christmas tradition - we say we are going to decorate the tree.  Then we put on a Christmas movie and the children get sucked into the show and forget all about the tree. 
So Bill and I went to work.
Voila!
Once the movie was over the kids emerged for some parting selfies.
The finishing touche - aliens!!  Considering our last tree had Joey's old athletic cup as a star, this is an improvement.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I could get into Christmas every year if it's as much fun as this looks. Ho Ho HO xx

Team Strunkin said...

OK - so we follow traditional gender roles regarding lights on the tree but I do the grilling. I just felt like sharing that. Also, your tree looks lovely!