Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Truck and Bull story

Jennie and I attended Newburyport Brew Co's Art and Beer night.
We had visions of listening to some live music, having a couple of local brews and buying some art from local painter Alan Bull.
I took a few painting lessons with Alan and Jen knows him through the Literary festival and a couple other events.



It was lining up exactly as we planned.  The band was fun, playing a mix of 80's covers, including a set of Cars songs.  The Cars don't get their due in my opinion.
The place was packed with a nice mix of locals.
I ordered a Yeat English Ale and filled up my jug with the same.  I brought my empty jug from my last visit, which is called a growler for some reason.
(and here is the Wikipedia explanation of the Growler - 
A growler (/ˈɡrlər/) is a glass, ceramic, or stainless steel jug used to transport draft beer in the United States, Canada, Australia and Brazil. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell take-out craft beer. Rarely, beers are bottled in growlers for retail sale. The exploding growth of craft breweries and the growing popularity of home brewing has also led to an emerging market for the sale of collectible growlers.)

Even though our life is  now a bit stale, my beer isn't.
We love Bull's trucks.  We almost commissioned one years ago, but couldn't pull the trigger.
We decided that one giant truck painting wouldn't be enough.  We wanted both of these.
But alas, it would have cost us the price of a couple of trips to London (which is how we measure expense. "That costs half a trip to London!"), so our Bulls will have to wait.
Someday.....

No comments: