Tuesday, March 22, 2016

One more Booktopia Meet Up in Seattle

One of our nights out was yet another Booktopia meet up with Marta and John!
Marta and John were two of the first people I ever met at Booktopia along with Chris and Earle.  The five of us had a very memorable dinner at The Perfect Wife and have been Booktopia Buddies ever since.
Marta, Jana and I quickly fell into conversation but I did worry a little about the boys - until they went off on their own to have a beer and came back talking about books.  In fact, I think they talked about books more than we did!  
Someone came up with an idea for a book recommendation business for Jana - John was her first client. and now I've forgotten what book she actually recommended for him but I need to check in to see if it was a success. Wouldn't this be a great world if you could be a professional book recommender?  
It was so great to see Marta and John - I'm sad to think that our old official Booktopias are over but maybe the new Booktopia will be the Newburyport Literary Festival?
I figured I might as well add on some random Seattle pics….I can't milk this trip forever, right? When Bill and I first came to Seattle to visit Bob and Deanna many years ago (pre-blog) we went to the Experience Music Project where they video tape you all "playing" in a band.  Bob and Deanna still had the video so we showed it to Joey and I snapped a pic.  We were The Smokin' Havanas. (It's hard to see that we all have cigars.)
Iconic Seattle (I mean the sign, not the grey skies…)
The flower market inside was bustling!
This is the inside of the Seattle Public Library.  There is a ramp around the perimeter so you can walk down all 9 (?) flights without taking the stairs.
On the third level there is this bizarre red corridor..the walls, floors, ceilings are all red.  It makes you feel like you are inside a giant's throat.  
Even more Seattle tomorrow!

1 comment:

didi said...

You are my book recommender! I get ideas from your goodreads list.