Thursday, March 10, 2016

Family Life in the Pacific Northwest

Joey and I connected with Kat, Deanna and Bob while Jen worked.
Kat's house decorating style is eclectic. She has swords from her days on the Seattle Knights.



She also has a bunch of these scary statue guys from comic books.  I know there is a better way to describe them, but it escapes me.


Then it was off to dinner.  We squished in Bob's car.  Joey, despite being the tallest of us all, got relegated to the boot.  He was pretending to be miserable, really.
He's very good at pretending to be miserable, I must say.
Lunch was at McGrath's in Auburn.
Kat was overwhelmed by our aggressive waitress.  She was upselling and a bit pushy.  Her voice caused Kat to jump.  We were happy when the quiet little trainee took over.


Joey's head emits gravitational pull to other heads.


Family.
Despite the very different ways we all live our lives, it always feels right when we are hanging out together.  Miss my Seattle-area family.

After lunch we went to the University of Washington, where Joey spent a year.
Jen and I remember so vividly, dropping Joey off for orientation.
I can't explain why, but we both cried when we left him for the day to get oriented.  Five years later I can still recall how emotional we were.  

We got a beautiful day and the cherry blossom trees were in bloom.  UW has a gorgeous campus.  I'm glad Joey got to see it again.







1 comment:

didi said...

Looks like you guys are having a fabulous trip!