Sunday, July 13, 2014

Treasure Hunting

Look whose back on the blog!  Malikai and Wyatte.
The kids changed so much since I've seen them last. 
One thing that has not changed is that they are still goofballs.
It is going to be a challenge to get a straight picture of them.

 Heading to breakfast with Zoey, Bret and the kids.
 Shoot!  They all posed nicely and I have the bear hat on.
That could have been my only chance for a normal photo.
 I'm never going to get a normal pic of Malikai.
 Wyatte showing me how he can cross his eyes.
 Interesting technique to eat the waffle.  The fork serves as a crane.  
 After breakfast we went to the beach for a bit.  Another beautiful day in New England.  We timed if perfectly.  Cool enough not to get fried.  The green head flies were just starting to come out and claim victims.  And the kids had a great time but left wanting more.
 Bret looks great.  I look like I'm an ageing groupie who follows the Beach Boys from city to city.

 Censored. (actually it just came out blurry, but you'll have to take my word that Bret is in good shape)
 Nope.  No normal picture this time.  Malikai flails around on the beach until he 'accidentally' falls into the ocean with his clothes on.
 Back home for a cookout we had Gramma, Allie, Joey, Zoey, Bret, Malikai and Wyatte together.
It was lovely.
Except when Malikai threatened to eat worms.  (face covered in catsup, of course)
 He was all wigged out because the worm touched his tongue.
 Feeding Joey like a little bird.
 Endless fun, pretending to eat worms is.
 Wyatte wanted me to pose like he stabbed me with the swords.
 We had a contest where I would give a couple of dollars to the person who could pull the most weeds in 30 seconds.  Wyatte won, but Malikai made a discovery under his weeds.  He found a wooden box filled with riches.  Coincidentally, it contained coins from the same countries I have visited.
The kids were cute.  Malikai's first comment was 'we have to give it back'.  Wyatte asked several times if I put it there.  Nothing gets past Wyatte.
 When Wyatte said 'we can buy a new house', I worried the birthday fun (Malikai's birthday is Wednesday) may have backfired.

No comments: