Thursday, July 31, 2014

Google Yourself

I set my Google alert to send me articles about my work.  I also set one for my own name.  (Jen thinks we should not use any last names on the blog so I've had to  bleep it out like a dirty word.)  You might think it vanity that I'm trolling the internet looking for myself, but it's really to see what kind of lives the Bill M*****'s of the world live.  I got this alert the other day

Chelimo repeats as UAA's athlete of the year

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2014/04/25/3442597/chelimo-repeats-as-uaas-athlete.html?sp=/99/474/#storylink=cpy
Micah Chelimo, a four-time national champion who currently ranks among the 10 fastest college runners at two distances, took home the Bill M****** Athlete of the Year award Friday night, becoming the third person in history to be named UAA's top athlete twice.

Did you read that?  There is a Bill M***** Athlete of the Year award!  This is from the Anchorage News.
Jen, we're moving to Anchorage.  I'll be treated like a hero.
Here is the actual Anchorage Bill M******.  Good looking bloke.

It started me Googling my name some more and I found another Bill M***** who is a runner for the Bedford Hare and Hounds running club.  Bill posted some good times.  

Then I found this Bill M****

Bill trained in the Royal Air Force and graduated as a physiotherapist in 1969. He has served extensively at home and abroad in a variety of disciplines, including orthopaedics, intensive rehabilitation and sports injury management. He has been physiotherapist to the Singapore State XV, the England Rugby XV and a touring Wallabies side. He has also looked after a number of semi-professional soccer teams over the years and is currently a lecturer for the FA on sports injuries.

I found this picture of an Aussie runner.  Bill is the big guy, second on the right.
My namesakes are quite the runners!


I continued my search for Bill M****** and found an artist.



Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2014/04/25/3442597/chelimo-repeats-as-uaas-athlete.html?sp=/99/474/#storylink=cpy
Maybe we should buy some of his art so he can buy himself a shirt.  And art on underwear?  Come on Bill, a little dignity please.




No comments: