Thursday, March 24, 2011

If I were Coach


Joey's co-ed intramural volleyball team dominated yesterday. Joey needs a taste of victory after his varsity basketball team was squashed like bugs this year.
Thursday is the basketball banquet. What do you say to the team with two wins.
My speech might go something like "Do you remember that game against Georgetown when we strung together three straight baskets! That was basketball! That was teamwork! The final score didn't tell the story of that game! You really didn't lose by 36 points. For three minutes you shut them out! You DOMINATED!"
Then I'd say something about making sure everyone took home the left over pasta and call it a night. The basketball banquet is e n d l e s s ..... My basketball banquet would be quick and inspirational....

1 comment:

didi said...

I missed you yesterday!