Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Shelly


Shelly and I go waaaaay back (picture wavy lines a la Wayne's World)
  • Almost 12 years ago I made my first call to tech support at Rational from my safe, non-technial role in contracts. I was terrified because I had no idea what I was talking about but the really nice girl who answered the phone made me feel like it wasn't so scary after all.
  • Only a few short months later I was told that my role was being moved into tech support. I had to re-interview for the management job I thought I already had. That really nice girl was going to be part of my team! Luckily, we hit it off in the interview and she picked me for her new boss. (It was a much better interview with her than the Nazi interrogation that Dale put me through sitting in a hard back chair in the center of an empty office. More Power!)
  • A year later I'm off to Scotland to get married. Michelle organizes the rice-like bottle cap throwing walk down the aisle in the middle of our office for me to make a fabulous exit.
  • Then Michelle married Tres (Joey's future referee and our football picnic MVP) and Bill and I were there to cheer them on.
  • We've changed jobs, moved to Littleton, hired (Todd! Tracey! Patrick!) and fired ("Andy, I'm going to get my hair cut and I expect you to be GONE when I get back!!") , gossiped, lunched, and laughed. Thanks for a terrific 12 years, Poopsie. Happy Birthday xoxo

No comments: