Sunday, February 20, 2011

Uh oh, I think she's angry...


This is our view from the floor of a pub in Portsmouth. We attended our second Winters Tale, a storytelling night out. Once again we were too late to land the coveted seats and had to sit on the steps while people bumped us and had gas in our face.
Tonight's theme was "Lost and Found". The storytellers wrapped their tales around that theme (some more loosely than others). Jen was angry when one of the dude's got up and basically said he did no prep work and proceeded to ramble on about his band. I like how this guys lack of preparation pissed off Jennie. She's nothing if not a rule follower. "Come on! It was disrespectful to all those who prepared!"

You know how you learn things about your partner only after you've lived with them? I never would have predicted that Jennie is such a rule follower. I get a kick out of watching her in the security line at the airport. She resorts to 7 year old Jen and waits for instructions on how to behave.

This post is like the rambling dude we listened to tonight.... no theme, no structure. Jennie will be angry

2 comments:

chi said...

Boy, I hope she doesn't go all Quasimodo and ring the church bells in the middle of the night - definitely against the rules Jennie! Just ask Alf!

Jennifer said...

I was mad enough to ring bells last night :-) I mean, really, I think it's incredibly disrespectful to the audience and to the other story tellers (who clearly DID prepare for the night) to come up on stage and and admit that you didn't prepare anything and are about to ramble for 10 minutes - which he did. He didn't even try to make it a cohesive story, just said what ever thoughts floated through the transom of his mind. A Winter's Tale owes me those 10 minute back.