Monday, June 6, 2016

Venice - The Apartment

Our route:  overnight flight - Bill got a few good hours of shut eye but I only had fleeting moments of sleep.  Waterbus ride to the Guglie stop.  I'm sure there is a sophisticated Italian way to say it but I pronounced it Googlie.
Then about a 3 minute walk to our Venice flat.
Through the underpass...
Down this alleyway.  (Well, I call it an alleyway, I think they call it a street.)
And then around the corner to a gate.
Once you are inside the gate you are in this courtyard filled with the smell of jasmine.
Our door was the one just to the left of Bill below.
It leads to this entry way.
The door on the opposite side is the water entrance - I'll show you that in a minute.
Elevator up to our flat…and here it is!
Spacious, comfortable, clean and well equipped for our stay.
But maybe the most important factor is the view!  We enjoyed these stunning views of the Grand Canal.

This is the dock out the back door.  Bill's personal smoke spot for the next 4 days.

4 comments:

didi said...

I've been waiting! Looks gorgeous. The last photo of Bill is really nice.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!
Amie

Kats x said...

Absolutely stunning photos!! And your flat was right on Canale Grande, that is amazing! I can't wait to see more. Isn't it outrageous that I've been living six or seven hours' drive away from Venice for the last 15 years, and I've never been, I feel like such a prat!

Team Strunkin said...

That dock was made for Bill!