Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mini Golf at the Library

Saturday we took a time out from our day to play a round of golf in the local library.
Jennie's love of books and my fondness for golf was a winning combination.



 Jen jumped out to an early lead.  Her aggressive stroke (she knocked two balls completely off the course) was far more successful than my trying to finesse my shots.  After one of my putts came up short she gave me the obligatory "did that get caught on your skirt?".
One of the other fun jabs we used to say was "does your husband play?", but since gay marriage it doesn't really have the same fun sting.


 I couldn't catch up as Jen kept the pressure on and built up a 4 stroke lead.





 I mounted a comeback and came within two strokes.



But then controversy.  Jen hit her ball off the course, which allows her to either start from the tee or place the ball where it went out.  Jen elected to place the ball where it went out, HOWEVER, she moved it to the middle of the course where she had a straight shot at the hole, away from the hazards!
She went on to win by two.
I started to protest but was quickly hushed by a librarian.  We were, after all, in a library.
Note from Jen:  The fairway was only a few putter heads wide so I put the ball in 1 putter head…which is what Bill frequently did throughout the game.  Arnold Palmer just needs to recognize defeat when he sees it.  On a side note - this was such a good idea by the library.  It made us go to every floor and area - places that we don't normally go.  And they had little signs up telling you about all the programs the library has to offer.  Long live the library!!!