Thursday, June 23, 2016

Friday Night with The Littles

Jana calls her grandkids The Littles.  I like that name - I tend to call the Bret and Joey generation "The Kids" because all our lives until now they were the kids!  But now, Bret has  kids. So if Wyatte and Malikai are The Kids what would we call Bret and Joey?  They can still be The Kids and the grandkids can be The Littles.

We babysat on Friday night for a few hours - - feeding them grilled burgers and corn on the cob on the roof deck.
Bill prompted me to make the old joke about how corn goes in on the cob and comes out on the cob.  Malikai slaps his head in disgust and says, "Oh, Gramma Jen…."
Wyatte  looks sharp in Bill's hat.  
Bill played dance hits.  Malikai and I put on a show.  Malikai told me to do exactly what he did but it was hard to keep up.  The kid has moves.  Or I should say the Little has moves.
Then again, I've got  a certain flare for the dance myself as demonstrated regularly on the blog. It's hard to tell if Malikai is clapping and hollering in appreciation….or yawning?

Shortly after this dance-off there was lightening and we had to go inside.  
The Littles put on an inane cartoon and then Bret and Zoe picked them up.  
Here's a teaser…there could be some baby news soon!  Watch this space for more Littles!!

2 comments:

didi said...

I still think of Bret and Joey as the kids too. Love the littles. Good luck Zoe.

Jana said...

Hooray for Littles! 2 + 1 soon. Can't wait for updates on the new addition.

Now we need a fun name for us. The Bigs? Hmmmmm...