Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Klosterman!

For once we went to see an author that BILL wanted to see - Chuck Klosterman!
I'm not really sure I know the origins of Klosterman - he writes books and articles about pop culture and he is The Ethisist in the New York Times.  Where did he first come from? I have no idea but Bill started talking about him a few years ago from listening to Bill Simmons' podcast.  Anyway, Bill is a fan so when I heard Chuck would be in Harvard Square I quickly acquired two tickets.
He was great!  Very funny, entertaining, and the hour flew by.  His book is an examination of some of the things we all take for granted are true - and then we ask if maybe they aren't true.  Like what if, in a few hundred years, everyone thinks it's funny that we thought there was gravity.  Kind of like how now we think it's quaint that the ancient Greeks thought the sun god dragged the sun across the sky in a chariot. But he applies this to pop culture as well as science.  
Thus the title of the book - What if we're Wrong?
We had terrific seats right up front - close to the signing table but Bill said he didn't want his book signed.  Instead we took selflies with Chuck in the background
This is me saying "Look, I'm with Chuck!"
Thanks for a good night out, Chuck!

No comments: