Monday, August 17, 2015

Sunday in London

Our time line is going to get a little out of order on this trip…we still have Yorkshire pictures to post and we're already a few days into London. We arrived on Saturday afternoon at Jerry and Jules'.  The first thing we did was head to the park. 
When I unpacked that night I realized that I left some of my clothes back at Alice's!  That meant that we needed to spend some time on Sunday shopping, of course!
Sunday started with a hearty breakfast at the Portman pub.
We didn't document our shopping but I managed buy way more than I left behind.  
Jules met us at the Portrait Gallery.  I loved this new display of Betty!
They were showing the portraits from the BP Award - a show of submitted portraits by  "amateur" artists.  It was a strangely somber show - most of the subjects were old or had dementia or some other sad storyline to them.  These two colorful ones were our favorites.
On the way home we noticed that one of the upscale hand cream stores had a dispenser bottle attached to the wall on the sidewalk - so of course we had to cream up!!
We walked all over town.  The Speaker's Corner of Hyde Park was in full swing.
And ended the night with Sunday Roast and the sing along at the Duke of Kendal.  Sunday night the pianist is a 90+ year old woman who does mostly older songs and show tunes.  It was a little more like karaoke than sing along since people often got up to do solos.  A trip of women did It's My Party.



It's so nice to be back - and now that we are here it feels like we never left at all! 

No comments: