Monday, August 18, 2014

Pizza - Why do I get my hopes up?

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
I know that there is no good pizza in London.  There are a few places where you can get edible thin crust circles of dough with sauce and toppings but they are not the pizzas of home. 
And yet…I keep trying.
This place has been written up in several London blogs so we gave it a go Saturday night before the theater.  It smelled good.  But in the end - it was another very thin, soggy dough circle with a poor sauce to cheese ratio.
At least we looked good.
35 years ago, Whitney, her dad and I went to see The Mousetrap.  Whitney and I were 13 year old British wanna-bes.  I remember sitting in the balcony and thinking I was so cultured.  The play was iconic even then since it had already been playing for 27 years.

Bill has never seen it.  I know it's touristy but we couldn't say we "did" London without covering all the basics.  There was a whiff of community theater about the production but it was fun and definitely worth a night out.  At this rate I'll be back again when I'm 83.