Thursday, August 7, 2014

Celebrity sighting!

Waiting on my take away chinese food at Minimaxi I spotted my best celebrity sighting ever.
Helen Mirren!
Who doesn't love Helen Mirren?  She 69 and still amazing.  
I know it's creepy if I say I have a celebrity crush on Scarlett Johansson.  She's 29.
But what if my celebrity crush is 69?
I think that's totally acceptable.

Like a true Brit I played it cool.  I didn't stare too much.  I spread my staring across all the people sitting outside at dinner so as not to seem like a celebrity stalker.  When I told Jen her first instinct was to close her laptop and run down to see her.  But she stoically said, no, that's not what Brits do.


Meanwhile, in Little Italy there is a stretch of water that has become covered in green goop.


The goop was so thick that bottles rested on top of it.  It's like when you try to toss a rock through recently frozen water and it doesn't quite make it through.

Jen and I dared each other to lie on top to see if it would hold us, but alas, we wimped out.



2 comments:

didi said...

we would have a photo of Helen to admire this am if jen was there -- just sayin

Jen and Bill said...

spoken like a true Yank. Brits are cooler than that