Saturday, August 23, 2014

Early Morning Antiquing and Late Night Dinner

I've always wanted to check out the Bermondsey antique market.  It's only on Friday mornings so Marge and I decided to go on their last Friday in London.
I was a little underwhelmed when we arrived.  Everyone was ready for rain so the tarps hide many of the tables but it just didn't look like many dealers were there.  Once we started wandering around I realized it was the perfect size to do before work - I was able to see everything, buy a few trinkets, and head back to start work totally satisfied.



Selfies at the market - - it wasn't until right now posting this that I see that Marge is actually behind me.  Sorry that's not a great shot of you, Marge!

Another mirror selfie.  I swear that I did shop but these mirrors were interesting to get the market into a self portrait (If I call it a portrait it seems more artsy, doesn't it?)  That's Marge behind the mirror making a purchase for us both - - two little tin British post boxes.
My best purchase was a new member of the menagerie….Graham. 
(As in Graham Quacker!!  Bill hates when I say his "full name".)
Anyway, back to the day at large…Marge and I passed this cafe leaving the market.
Then I went home and Graham and I worked our little webbed fingers to the bone.  
Dinner time!  Marge wanted to try some place she hadn't been before…something with a little ambiance and good food.  So I booked a table at Maggie Jones's.
See?  Loaded with ambiance - rustic and candle lit.  Marge actually gave it a 12 out of 10 so I felt quite chuffed that I made such a good pick.

Doug and Marge head to Paris on Sunday for the next 2+ weeks.  Hmmm…might there be a ride on the Chunnel in our future?  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Go to France! It's another country!

Team Strunkin said...

Dima and I are in agreement that the name of the cafe is fantastic but should clearly be a tea only shop.