Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fore!

After work today we rushed to the links to continue the U.K. vs U.S tournament we've sporadically held in the past two years.
It was round three.  U.S. and U.K. were tied at one win each.

RedSox hat will give you a clue which team I was representing.

The U.S. was heavy underdogs because, well let's face it, my partner and I stink.  We were facing my work mate and his 16 year old son.  The 16 year old son, I was told, could drive the ball 250 yards straight down the fairway.  So considering that my work buddy was the best player and his kid could out hit all of us, we were in for a long day.

But look at my form.  If we were going to lose we'd lose looking slick.
 My teammate.  I forgive him the fact that he's from Florida, barely a U.S. state.
 16 year old big hitter.
 My work mate.  I was hoping his recently operated on knee would act up, if only for the duration of the match.
 After being down 2 holes, after 2 holes, it looked grim.
But when we found ourselves tied after 12 holes we felt like we'd achieved a moral victory.
Then the stars aligned.
I got hot at the right time and won four straight holes.
The Brits were done.  Tea was thrown in the river.  Americans throughout the world rejoiced.
We won.