Saturday, August 2, 2014

Doug and Marge are Back In Town

Doug and Marge are back - but this time they are staying in a flat in Kensington.  We met them for dinner at their new "local".
 They have Nicole with them.  Nicole is the daughter of a friend from Germany  - she lived with them off and on for years while she worked seasonal jobs in Aspen when she was in school and after.   Despite being part of the family for so many years this is our first time meeting.

Doug was always such a whiz at technology.  I think he's finally figured out that smart phone...
 The flat.
 Doug and Marge just spent the last two weeks in Scotland.  When Marge asked what I wanted her to bring back I said Stornaway black pudding.  I imagined a small roll about the size of my hand.  Instead, Marge went to a butcher and brought me a sausage the size of a newborn baby.

 The flat they are staying in is quite nice but has a few interesting statues and decorative pieces.
 Including a guitar.  Bill got Doug strumming.  We would have sung along but I was too busy diapering my black pudding. 
More Doug and Marge and Nicole tomorrow!

No comments: