Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rock of the Aged


Our Saturday began with Paracetamol, followed by a lovely walk in Savill Garden with Louise.  It's off season at the garden so all the color wasn't there, but we'll head back in the spring.
 Find Jen in this picture.... "Oh, yeah.  You blend." What movie is that quote from?
 Castle in the background, as well as the new-ish fountain that appears to be coming out of my head.
 At night we went to London to meet up with Jen's work mate Rick and his lovely wife Theresa.  Filling in for me in this picture is Gianni.  Gianni's job is to keep people in the little yellow box painted outside the pub.  That's the pen we can drink in.  He became our friend (after scolding us to stay in the box).  He wants to move to the U.S.  I was trying to get him to move into Rick's house in Dallas, which I think he started worrying that Gianni might actually do it.  Gianni might make an excellent house mate for someone in Albany (you choose which of you it will be).
 Rick and Jen are more similar in their behaviors, as are Theresa and I.  Since I am writing this blog I'll describe it as Rick and Jen are worriers and planners.  Theresa and I are floaters.  We just want to experience the journey, man...... 
We went to Rock of Ages, the musical.  A surprisingly great time.  Corny and predictable storyline was overcome by the energy of the cast and the bad 80's music.  A very good time was had by all.
(By the way, did you check out my velvet, maroon jacket?  Got it at a vintage shop in Camden Market.  I got a couple compliments on it from other guys (one was legit, the other was a bum who was looking for our spare change)
We had a good night in London, getting home at midnight.... just before we turned to pumpkins.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Looks like a fun time!

didi said...

My Cousin Vinny (no google required!)