Monday, November 12, 2012

Another London Sunday

Can you tell which tube station we are in??  That is Bill's impression of a pipe.  It probably looks better as a shadow.  We've been at this stop several times but we have yet (key word!) to go to the Sherlock Holmes museum.  I know it's touristy and that he's a fictional character but I still want to go.  It's on the "Jen Alone" list.  
 When I saw this sign I knew I needed to buy something here.  What a great logo!  Luckily I didn't have to buy any actual flies - this was a shoe store...just wait until I post a picture of me in my new red leather boots!!!
Sunday wouldn't be complete without a roast!  This is the upstairs room of the Coach Maker where Bill had his roast beef and I had a mushroom & onion pie.

 I loved the high ceilings - but noticed this red spatter!  We theorized about a mid meal blood speweing murder only to find out that it was Halloween decorating gone awry.  
 This is one of those "only in England" sort of names...Haunch of Venison Yard??
Sigh - even I need Bill's readers for the tiny tube map.  Whenever we head into the city, I'm the navigator, mapping out our next move.  I'm actually starting to remember the stops on the tube lines and the way neighborhoods flow into one another.  We do a lot of walking but at this moment I am mapping our course to the movie theater to catch the 6:00pm showing or Argo!
We went a little out of way for the movies.  I yelped the best theaters and found that everyone loves Rich Mix in Shorditch.  Their concession stand serves beer - which was a big plus for the reviewers although we just got soda and popcorn.  (When you get popcorn here they ask if you want salty or sweet.)  The theater was also an art gallery and a live music venue so there was an Argentinian tango singer just starting his gig when we got out of the movie.  He was good!  I wish we could have stayed but depending on the train connections we had a long ride home on a school night. 

No comments: