Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fletch sighting, Fake Band

Fletch is in town this week and he treated me to breakfast at Johnny's in Newton.
This will be Fletch's last appearance in the blog for a while, it seems.
Unless..... he volunteers for a guest blog post some time in the future.
 Meanwhile, in the land of angry swans and dirty dolphins Jennifer attended a Foreigner concert.  As if that wasn't lame enough, there are no original Foreigner members in this band.  It's a faux Foreigner philharmonic (I know, that was lame).  She said they still sounded pretty good.
Cold as Ice is my favorite Foreigner song, by the way.  Or maybe Feels Like the First Time...

3 comments:

didi said...

Urgent!!!

Jen and Bill said...

I recognized every song - and they DID play Urgent, Di. So for those who care, Foreigner is still Foreigner because one guy is left from the original group while over 30 others have rotated through the band. Of course, for our user conference, the one original guy wasn't there!! So what makes this different from a cover band?

Can you believe the ONE business trip I do in 2 years is at the same time as Fletch's visit??? You'll have to come visit us in the UK, Fletch!

Fletch said...

It was sad to miss Jen. At least Bill and I got to hang out in some retro dinner that happened to be about a 3 hour drive from where I was staying. We couldn't find anywhere closer...

I will miss you guys but maybe will see you in Paris...