Monday, June 18, 2012

Eton, day one

I arrived in Eton today to a triathlon that diverted traffic.  There were hundreds of participants running down The High Street, being cheered on by the locals.
From our house we have the beautiful views you see below.  I think we chose a great location.  


I was shown around by the owner of our cottage's sister, Louise.  She made sure I got settled in and then took me shopping for essentials at Tesco.  I stocked up on the basics, plus added an iron, a tea kettle and an outside chair.
Louise then took me on a gorgeous walk around the grounds of Eton College with her two dogs, AK and Uzi.
Tonight she's having me over for dinner with her brother and his wife.  What a fantastic way to start off my new home.  I may fall asleep at the table since I only had an hour of sleep on the plane.

1 comment:

didi said...

watch out for captain hook!