Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nonstop Snow!

When I first woke up this morning I actually heard birds singing and saw a sliver of blue sky. Shortly after that it started to snow. Here is the view out of our bedroom window.
Walking into the city center it was still snowing. (Although if you are wondering why the snowflakes are so large, I was throwing it up into the air for this particular photo. Its not snowing mutant flakes)
There is a big craft show going on near our B&B and one of the crafters is staying here with us. We had a good chat over breakfast so he gave us tickets to get in. I found a brown hand knit cable sweater knit by the nice woman who sold it to me. Every time I wear it I can think of Kathleen Meehan. Did I mention that it was still snowing? I tried going to the castle while Bill went to smoke his cigar but it was closed!!! As if a little snow is going to damage a 400 year old castle. So we went back to one of our favorite places for tea and a read.
When we left the cafe it was still snowing. But Grafton Street looks pretty with all the Christmas lights. Don't let the look of the ground fool you - its completely covered in grey slush. Literally NO ONE in this country owns a shovel so after a day of pedestrians there is just ankle deep mush.

As usual, we are posting between our tea time and our pub time. This is also the time of day that we put the hair dryer in Bill's shoes to get them ready for our walk to dinner. We are settling into quite the routine. We are practically Dubliners!

1 comment:

didi said...

It's so pretty I can't think of anything xxx to say! Oh...next thing we know, bill will be putting the hair dryer in his pants and telling us it's what the dubliners do!