Thursday, December 9, 2010

48 hours and one party prepper down

At some point between work and home Bill developed a migraine headache - the worst I have ever seen him. He went directly to bed. I'm not even sure he took off his shoes. I went out to get the Christmas tree by myself but Tendercrop was closed (when did they start closing at 6:30?!?) So needless to say, we are not making a lot of headway in the party preparations tonight other than the batch of chex mix that I whipped up. I think I might be the only person who actually eats chex mix - it seems like sort of a retro party food but I find it addicting and it's my party. (New plan - go to Tendercrop at 9am to get the tree in the morning to give it time to 'fall' before decorating it tomorrow night. My timeline is shrinking!!!)

Meanwhile the camera is in the dark bedroom with Bill and I do not want to sneak around looking for it. I'm a rather noisy sneaker. Instead I'm posting a picture of Bill in happier days sampling the whiskey on one of our snow bound days in Dublin.


Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day for Bill.

1 comment:

amp said...

Oh, no, count me a big fan of chex mix, too. What chex are you putting? I especially partial to the wheat flavor.