Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Building Character


In other words, we got our asses kicked.
Ipswich lost their opener by 14 points to North Reading tonight.
Co-Captain Joey looked good. I was especially proud of the cheap shot he gave to a kid by hacking him from behind to prevent a basket. The other coach was yelling for an intentional foul, which wasn't called.
I always believed that if the other team was running away with the game and getting too confident, knock them down a peg with a well timed hatchet job.
Next game Friday.

The other bad part about the game was that the parents of the Captains have to help out. Brenda and I had to sell 50/50 raffle tickets. I hate that job. Walking up to strangers asking for money....I've never been good at it. I wish Diane was there. She could have taken over that role for us.

1 comment:

didi said...

I'll come to the next game and we'll sell out of raffle tickets -- can we keep the money or do we actually have to turn it in? :) Joey is so awesome!