Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ho Ho Hate Walmart


The holiday season isn't complete for me until I shop at Walmart with Randy.
We spent two hours there tonight, wandering down almost every isle. We always pick up a ball to throw around while we shop. It amuses us.
Randy is among his people at Walmart. Every time I turned around he was in a deep conversation with another shopper. I think every contractor in the area was doing their last minute shopping. And Randy knew them all.
Randy usually treats Walmart like his own kitchen, opening snacks and eating them before we check out. Not this year. He's mellowing.
Also, we took a pair of reading glasses off of the shelf so we could read the fine print of the gifts we bought. That was a first.

I hate Walmart. I don't like how they beat up on the little stores. I don't like shopping in a store with a footprint as large as Gillette Stadium. The Walmart customers make me nervous. Half of them seem like they are looking for the oxycontin isle, the other half look like they are on parole. (And Randy knows these people....?)
Needless to say I've had my share of Walmart for another year.

3 comments:

didi said...

First off, I'm so excited to see a photo of Randy! All these years of Randy stories and I've never met him. (He's the one with Lyme Disease but still manages to run marathons and lift bulldozers and hit homeruns during baseball, right?)

Second, I agree 100% on Walmart. It's gross. It's dirty. They have yucky stuff. And the people are gross and dirty and yucky, too. (not you and Randy, of course.) I like Target -- still a bargain, you can get flannel pjs for $10!, without looking over your shoulder the whole time.

I'm thinking about inviting myself for a sleepover in Nbpt next weekend....pjs, movies, music sharing, wine, cheese, no showers. Sound good?

Jen and Bill said...

Sure!! Come on over! We can all sit around and write on each other's facebook walls in our pjs.

Jen and Bill said...

I can recruit you to paint in my assembly line....