Monday, December 6, 2010

Career tip #155 - don't talk to VP of Sales about drag show


Last night we went to this show to bring in the holiday season. We go to all the Gold Dust Orphan drag shows. They are all campy and crude and really funny. The show is held at Machine, across from Fenway Park. It's other name is The Ramrod and as the name not so subtly suggests is a gay club.
When we went in we got a Ramrod stamp. I didn't think anything more about it until work today.
I was in a meeting with the VP of Sales and he noticed the stamp. I started telling him about the show and remembered that he is a pretty conservative guy. I changed the subject and got back to the hiring update report.
I thought it wouldn't have done my career any good to tell him about the guy who wore a kilt with nothing underneath and how Jen, Stacey and Diane were craning their necks to get a better view of his frank and beans.

1 comment:

didi said...

Ah, hello! Dave's mouth was so wide open you could have driven a truck into it. And Bill, the fact that you started crying when you saw the size of the "frank" is no way an indication of your own frank. :)