Friday, July 31, 2015

Rainy Bed Races

Whitney and Aaron joined us for a night in Newburyport. It began to rain the second the bed races started but we stuck it out to see the local competition.
 I didn't do a very good job getting my pics of the beds this year.  They were either just past us or I was blocked. These are a few of our favorites.One of the many local pizza places recreated a Venetian gondola.  Aaron was especially impressed by the blue "water".
Our overall favorite was whatever team the minions were on…the bed was irrelevant because it was followed by hundreds of minions.  A lot of moms must have cornered the market on yellow felt.  I can't wait until October to see how many minions are trick or treating because if I made one of these costumes the kid would wear it for every event.
I don't know what the bridal company was (planner? photographer?) but I liked the runaway bride being followed by the Just Married bed.
One of the last ones was the Theater in the Open - this is also the group that beats us in trivia week after week. 


Spectating is hungry business so next stop was dinner including a meat and cheese board to start us off. After that I stopped taking pictures and we just enjoyed the rest of the evening talking about Tom Brady, Trainwreck and summer undies.



No comments: