Monday, July 6, 2015

Vermont Bound!

Thursday afternoon we packed up the car for a little holiday road trip north.  Petey and Ableman came too.

Destination:  Monkton Vermont to visit Chris and Earle! 




Our first night was spent at the Bobcat where Chris and Earle are regulars.  Earle even has his own Bobcat mug hanging in the rafters.  He is known as #7.  I've been hearing about the Bobcat for years and it did not disappoint.  Good food, local ale, lot's of laughs.
Friday morning view from their deck.
The first stop on the Friday agenda - -the bookstore!!!
This was an AWESOME bookstore - rows and rows of old British authors in excellent condition with brilliant dust jackets and everything 20% off.  I could have stayed there all day but eventually we had to go meet the men for lunch.  Chris bought a few things but I went hog wild.  Why aren't there stores like this near me??




My bounty - - gotta love those covers!!
By lunch time I was a very happy woman.  We drove into Middlebury to meet the guys at the Storm Cafe.  They went to the driving range for the morning to give Bill his golf fix.  Chris and Earle were the perfect hosts - indulging us in our favorite things (books and golf)!
I think this is a picture of Earle telling Chris and I how beautiful we are.  Earle appreciates the ladies.


We spent the afternoon walking around town, doing a little more shopping and hit another bookstore that was a lot smaller than the first. But it was still fun to wander through the stacks.  I love this sign at the end of the aisle pointing you to the books on either side but with a few small town touches - a recipe, a cheese chart, and some crocheted potholders.  I'm a little sorry I didn't pick up one of those colorful potholders now.

No comments: