Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day of Joy

Noelle came up to Newburyport today for a "Day of Joy" (a day of food - mostly cheese - and British DVDs). I think she came up last winter so this is probably Day of Joy Deux for this blog.

The day always starts off with Noelle cooking my breakfast. Not sure how we established this tradition - Noelle cooking for me in my own house - but I like it! We had a veggie egg scramble with tea.


Shortly after breakfast we moved on to the cheese plate. We include various fruits (dried and fresh) to trick ourselves into thinking we are eating healthy.

We had so much to catch up on we only had time for one 2 hour movie! Our choice today was an old favorite - Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant. After 20 years I still tear up when (spoiler alert!) Emma says "you're not married then?" and burst into tears at the end. Gets me every time.

On a non-joyful note - Bill left for Orlando this morning for the week. The blog is left in my hands until Friday...

1 comment:

didi said...

Noelle looks beautiful as ever, though I think the last time I saw her, she had short spiky blond hair! Lots of pressure this week, Jen...