Monday, October 11, 2010

Bomb Scare in Newburyport!

On my way home from work today I noticed that the parking lot across from the police dept (and behind Christin's condo) was roped off with police tape and a cop car and ambulance were there with lots of spectators...obviously something big was going down in town.

I walked back into town to check it out and discovered that a "suspicious package" (Di is laughing cause I said "package") was left near a tree with a note on it. I assume the note said something like "this is a bomb" since they were treating it as such. A man in full bomb squad attire was walking through the parking lot as I thought, "Mother F#^%@^ I don't have my camera for the @^#%ing blog shot!!!"

I walked by again after my power walk and saw all the tape and police gone. I assume it was a hoax. Then I called Pizza Factory, ordered my favorite grilled chicken greek salad and went home to watch Gosford Park on my laptop. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you get this boring blog shot instead of a man defusing a bomb in the center of town on a holiday.

4 comments:

didi said...

oh man! i was all set to see caution tape, the guy from The Hurt Locker, or at least bag of money. At least you didn't take a photo of your dinner-remnants in the sink after dinner (just kidding Bill!) Tomorrow you'll have an exciting photo, Jen!

amp said...

That is very disappointing! I was re-watching the Hurt Locker on cable the other night. Boy, is that a great movie. The 20-minute bit where they stop to help the British special forces change a tire and get pinned down by a sniper is one of the great all-time war movie scenes, I think.

Jen and Bill said...

Aaron, didn't we see Gosford Park with you and Whitney in Harvard Square when it came out? I have to say that I think I like it better after multiple viewings. (although I did like it to begin with)

amp said...

I think that's right. How many years ago was that? there are very few if any Robert Altman movies that don't stand the test of time -- ok, Dr T was horrible!!! But all the rest -- MASH, Nashville, the Player...more?